"If you really want something, and really work hard, and take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way." - Jane Goodall

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Singapore Day Tour


Touchdown SG! This is an unexpected trip so I wasn't able to prepare an itinerary. Good thing is Singapore is a highly organized country with connecting trains that enable tourists to move easily around the city. So of course, we began with the famous Resorts World Sentosa.
IMG_1546
IMG_1545
An obligatory Universal Studios picture!
IMG_1547
I've read that the Merlion is a famous tourist icon of Singapore. It's a combination of "mer" meaning sea, and lion. The fish body is said to represent Singapore's origin as a fishing village.
IMG_1555 IMG_1551
Man-made beach. How cool is that.
IMG_1561
Meet my camera-shy friend whom I haven't met for around 7 years, Clarissa. She was kind enough to accompany me in exploring SG.
  IMG_1567
Of course, our visit to Sentosa will not be complete without some picture taking with the cute mascots from the Chocolate House. Young at heart.
IMG_1569 IMG_1570 IMG_1571

IMG_1573
After loading our hungry tummies, we then headed to Marina Bay. IMG_1576
This floating Louis Vuitton store is definitely a statement - makes me drool.
IMG_1578 
Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
IMG_1579 IMG_1580 IMG_1581
   "I wanna be a millionaire, so freaking bad" That's my theme song for this place, yes?IMG_1587
IMG_1598 IMG_1599
Interestingly, the lobby of Marina Bay Sands is open to the public. Thanks for that!
IMG_1601
The Sky Garden at night. Picturesque.IMG_1602
IMG_1604 IMG_1637 IMG_1640
There was a free light show for the tourists and locals alike. Too bad it can't be caught on camera!
IMG_1649 IMG_1651 IMG_1654 IMG_1655IMG_1656
The ever beautiful and luxurious Marina Bay Sands.IMG_1657
IMG_1659
Art Science Museum - love that it resembles a flower. Haha!
IMG_1660
Singapore skyscrapers
IMG_1662 IMG_1666 IMG_1667 IMG_1673 IMG_1679
IMG_1681\
Another obligatory picture at the Merlion Park.
IMG_1698 IMG_1701IMG_1704
SG's version of 'dirty' ice cream. Ice cream on a perfectly rectangular shape is just cute for me. :)
IMG_1706
Map of the train station. 
We were able to go from Changi Airport (which is by the way my favorite), to Sentosa, to Marina Bay in a day. Oh and let me just reiterate how great Changi is, good job Singapore for having such a World Class Airport true to its name! There was a butterfly garden, nature trail, swimming pool, and 24-hour movie theater; mind you this is an airport. And of course, a wide selection of boutiques that are tax-free. I literally roamed there for 7 hours, in pure joy, and went home with a heavier luggage. :)




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to plan my own trip to Singapore. It makes it easier to know someone there so that the trip is worth it :) Tons of my friends say it's SUPER clean in Singapore and judging from your images they're totally right. Hope I get to go there some day! :D

    Jana

    If you've got a bit of time, please join my Blog Relaunch Giveaway!
    http://janastyles.blogspot.com/2013/08/jana-styles-blog-relaunch-giveaway-d-d-d.html

    ReplyDelete